FIRST 5 Family Resource Centers are places in our community where children, parents, and caregivers can learn and grow together. Family Resource Center volunteers support families and help ensure that children are happy, healthy, and prepared for school and life. We are always looking for passionate individuals to share their compassion and talents with the young children and families on our community.
Roots Community Health Center, South Bay
1811 S 7th St, Suite E, San Jose, CA 95112
Events & Activities
At a Family Resource Center (FRC), you will find:
- Fun and educational parent and child activities
- Nutrition, health and wellness programs for the whole family
- Health insurance application assistance: eligible parents and caregivers receive assistance with Medi-Cal applications and other affordable health insurance programs for children
- Developmental screenings for children ages 0-5
- Professional development opportunities, resources, and other support services for licensed family child care providers.
- Parent and caregiver workshops and seminars:
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
- Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors – Parent and caregiver leadership program
- SEEDS of Early Literacy – Child language and literacy development
- BabyCare – Infant/toddler care seminars
- 24/7 Dad – Seminar for fathers and other male caregivers raising children
- Family Engagement Advisory Committees provide leadership opportunities for parents, caregivers, and community members.
- Volunteer opportunities for parents, caregivers, and community members to assist with programs and activities.
- And much more!
To learn more about the menu of programs, services, and activities available for parents, caregivers, and community members please call or visit the Family Resource Center nearest you.