FIRST 5 Santa Clara County is proud to serve the young children and families of our county as a funder, a resource, and an advocate.
OUR FOCUS AREAS
To fulfill our strategic vision and continue to positively impact children and families in our community, we added goals for financial sustainability.
- Connect families to affordable, quality supports and services that meet children’s basic needs and safety
- Engage families in our work, including advocacy and leadership opportunities
- Promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at FIRST 5.
- Strengthening the diverse workforce that supports young children and their families.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration: We co-create in partnership with others, prioritize lived experience, and develop strategies that advance the well-being of families with young children.
- Inclusivity: We center diverse perspectives to ensure the representation and participation of marginalized individuals throughout our work.
- Creativity: We approach our work from a place of curiosity, joy, innovation, and openness to new ideas.
- Integrity: We are accountable for our actions and the outcomes of our work, striving for transparency with the community, our partners, and each other.
- Equity: We advocate for fair access to opportunities and seek solutions that disrupt systemic oppression, close gaps, and remove barriers that harm families with young children.