FIRST 5 Santa Clara County is proud to serve the young children and families of our county as a funder, a resource, and an advocate.
FIRST 5 Santa Clara County will be a catalyst for ensuring that the developmental needs of children prenatal through age 5 are a priority in all sectors of the community.
FIRST 5 Santa Clara County supports the healthy development of children, from prenatal through age 5, and enriches the lives of their families and communities.
We will fulfill our mission by targeting our resources and partnerships to meet specific goals in seven areas:
- Children’s Health: Children are born healthy and experience optimal health and development.
- Family Support: Families provide safe, stable, loving and stimulating homes.
- High Quality Early Care and Education: Children enter school fully prepared to succeed academically, emotionally, and socially.
- Communications and Public Awareness: The public is aware of the importance of early childhood, FIRST 5’s mission, priorities, investments, partners, and impact.
- Workforce Development: FIRST 5 partners and other community service providers have the knowledge, skills, and capacity to support children prenatal through age 5 and their families and communities.
- Systems Change: Systems are responsive to the needs of children and their families.
- Community and Family Engagement: Neighborhoods and communities are places where children are safe, neighbors are connected, and all cultures are respected.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration: We work cooperatively with established systems, services, and the community on common goals to maximize effectiveness for children and families.
- Innovation: We apply what’s been proven to work elsewhere to find fresh solutions to the specific needs of our community.
- Excellence: We seek to attain the highest quality outcomes, measured against established best practices and the most credible current research.
- Accountability: We are responsible and results-driven with the resources the public entrusts to us.
- Respect: We embrace input and assistance from all facets of the community so we can span all cultures and languages to help every child and family.