FIRST 5 Santa Clara County is proud to serve the young children and families of our county as a funder, a resource, and an advocate.
We will fulfill our mission by targeting our resources and partnerships to meet specific goals in seven areas:
- Children’s Health: Children are born healthy and experience optimal health and development.
- Family Support: Families provide safe, stable, loving and stimulating homes.
- High Quality Early Care and Education: Children enter school fully prepared to succeed academically, emotionally, and socially.
- Communications and Public Awareness: The public is aware of the importance of early childhood, FIRST 5’s mission, priorities, investments, partners, and impact.
- Workforce Development: FIRST 5 partners and other community service providers have the knowledge, skills, and capacity to support children prenatal through age 5 and their families and communities.
- Systems Change: Systems are responsive to the needs of children and their families.
- Community and Family Engagement: Neighborhoods and communities are places where children are safe, neighbors are connected, and all cultures are respected.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration: We work cooperatively with established systems, services, and the community on common goals to maximize effectiveness for children and families.
- Innovation: We apply what’s been proven to work elsewhere to find fresh solutions to the specific needs of our community.
- Excellence: We seek to attain the highest quality outcomes, measured against established best practices and the most credible current research.
- Accountability: We are responsible and results-driven with the resources the public entrusts to us.
- Respect: We embrace input and assistance from all facets of the community so we can span all cultures and languages to help every child and family.