Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Consultant (RFP)
The FIRST 5 Santa Clara County Commission (Commission) is soliciting proposals from qualified firms in providing professional consulting services in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion.
The following scope of work represents the anticipated activities and deliverables by project phase. FIRST 5 Santa Clara County anticipates the project length to last (1) year with the possibility of extending the contract for one additional year.
Phase 1: Assessment and Recommendations
- Conduct an analysis and assess FIRST 5 Santa Clara County’s current organizational practices and FIRST 5 Santa Clara County’s operations for DEI awareness and competency.
- Develop a framework for FIRST 5 Santa Clara County that applies a DEI best practice model and adopts community-driven accountability standards (to strengthen the organization’s ability to execute its mission, operations and strategic direction as a public agency Develop recommendations on initial strategies for FIRST 5 Santa Clara County based on insight and knowledge of DEI best practices including the following areas: internal staffing practices, policies and procedures, community-driven accountability standards, community partnership and engagement, and staff education.
Phase 2: Implementation
- Support the implementation of the strategies for FIRST 5 Santa Clara County.
- Develop training strategies to increase staff DEI competencies, skills and capacity that reflect FIRST 5 Santa Clara County’s DEI goals.
- Support the implementation of the training strategies.
- Develop a DEI Plan for FIRST 5 Santa Clara County that is aligned with FIRST 5 Santa Clara County’s Strategic Plan and values.
- Support the implementation of the DEI Plan.
For more information, please contact:
FIRST 5 Santa Clara County
Attn: Kate Welty, Deputy Chief
4000 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 200
San José, CA 95117
|Request for Proposal Released – July 6, 2020||Applications are available online at www.first5kids.org.|
|Final Date to Submit Questions and Request for Information – July 27, 2020||Questions and requests for information can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to questions will be posted at www.first5kids.org on July 31, 2020.|
|Date for Posting Responses – July 31, 2020||All responses to questions will be posted at www.first5kids.org.|
|Deadline for Submission of Applications – August 7, 2020 by 5:00 PM||Completed applications must be submitted electronically to: FIRST 5 Santa Clara County Attn: Kate Welty All applications must be received by August 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM. Applications received after the 5:00 PM deadline will not be reviewed or considered.|
|Application Review and Interview Schedule||Complete applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by a team who will recommend one or more applicants to present their qualifications to the review team. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of August 24, 2020. FIRST 5 may request additional information from applicants to clarify issues raised in an application. The review team may also request clarification on outstanding questions or concerns. The review team will make a recommendation to the CEO. Applicants will be notified of the recommendation.|
|Appeal Process||Applicants wishing to appeal the recommendation have three (3) working days from the date of the initial award recommendation letter to file an appeal in writing. Letters of appeal must be sent electronically to: email@example.com and addressed to Jolene Smith, Chief Executive Officer. Grounds for appeal are limited to a violation of a FIRST 5 procedure, law, rule, or regulation regarding this RFP process. Appeals will not be accepted on any other grounds. Appeals will only be considered if received in the FIRST 5 office by 5:00 PM on the next working day from the date of the initial award recommendation letter.|
|Award Decision||FIRST 5 will announce the award decision.|
|Contract Negotiations – September 2020||Staff will begin contract negotiations with the selected firm to provide services.|
|Anticipated Contract Start Date – October 2020||The initial contract term is a 12-month period.|