Mission and Vision
5 Santa Clara County will be a catalyst
for ensuring that the developmental needs of children prenatal through age 5
are a priority in all sectors of the community.
FIRST 5 Santa Clara County supports the
healthy development of children, from prenatal through age 5, and enriches the
lives of their families and communities.
will fulfill our mission by targeting our resources and partnerships to meet
specific goals in seven areas:
- Children's Health: Children are born healthy and experience optimal health and development.
- Family Support: Families provide safe, stable, loving and stimulating homes.
Quality Early Care and Education: Children enter school fully prepared to succeed
academically, emotionally and socially.
and Public Awareness: The
public is aware of the importance of early childhood, FIRST 5's mission,
priorities, investments, partners, and impact.
Development: FIRST 5 partners and other community service providers
have the knowledge, skills, and capacity to support children prenatal
through age 5 and their families and communities.
- Systems Change: Systems
are responsive to the needs of children and their families.
and Family Engagement: Neighborhoods
and communities are places where children are safe, neighbors are connected,
and all cultures are respected.
Our Core Values
- Collaboration: We work cooperatively with established systems, services and the community on common goals to maximize effectiveness for children and families.
- Innovation: We apply what's been proven to work elsewhere to find fresh solutions to the specific needs of our community.
- Excellence: We seek to attain the highest quality outcomes, measured against established best practices and the most credible current research.
- Accountability: We are responsible and results-driven with the resources the public entrusts to us.
- Respect: We embrace input and assistance from all facets of the community so we can span all cultures and languages to help every child and family.